Event hosted by African Ministers’ Council on Water
Thursday, 10th June 2021, 15 :00 HRS (GMT+1)
LAGOS, Nigeria, 9 June, 2021 -/African Media Agency(AMA)/- The ASPG was developed in close consultation with the member states of the African Union and sector stakeholders. It aims to guide African countries to improve or develop sanitation policies and implementation strategies to strengthen the enabling environment and improve sanitation governance across the continent and accelerate access to safe sanitation and hygiene services to all by 2030.
The ASPG launch is an opportunity to create awareness among wider stakeholders across the member states and beyond as well as generate the necessary momentum required for adoption. High-level participants including heads of states, governments officials, ministers, donors, the media, civil society organizations, WASH experts and relevant actors are the target audience for the launch. Further, the launch will increase participant’s understanding of the ASPG content and value addition in shaping the sanitation landscape and enabling environment of the African continent.
AMCOW believes that the launch will activate stronger motivation for the ASPG adoption. Working closely with partners, influencers, and member states to officially launch the ASPG, will increase the dissemination coverage towards mobilising financial and technical support needed for quick uptake and subsequent policy reforms for improved sanitation access and attainment of the Ngor commitments and SDGs 6.2.
WHAT: Join high-level panelists from Africa and the globe for the launch of the African Sanitation Policy Guidelines organized by African Ministers’ Council on Water.
WHEN: Thursday, 10th June 2021, 15 :00 HRS (GMT+1)
WHERE: To attend the virtual event, please register here.
- H.E. Hage Gottfried Geingob, President of the Republic of Namibia
- Mr. Kitch Bawa, Sanitation Project Manager, AMCOW
- Mr Thomas Ephraim Banda, Ag. Executive Secretary of AMCOW
- H.E. Mr Moussa Faki Mahamat, African Union Chairperson
- Hon. Suleiman Hussein Adamu, Hon. Minister of Water Resources, Nigeria.
- Hon. Serigne Mbaye Thiam, Hon. Minister of Water and Sanitation, Senegal.
- Hon. Sicily Kariuki, Hon. Minister of Water, Sanitation and Irrigation, Kenya.
- Hon. Lindiwe Sisulu, Hon. Minister of Human Settlements, Water and Sanitation, South Africa.
- Hon. Eloundou Essomba Gaston, Hon. Ministry of Water Resources and Energy, Cameroun.
- Hon. Negash Wagesho Amencho (PhD), Hon. State Minister, Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy, Ethiopia.
- Nana Asaase, the African Poet
- Mrs Amina Mohammed – UN Deputy Secretary General
- Dr Tedros Adhanom – Director General, WHO Executive Director
- Ms Henrietta Fore – Executive Director, UNICEF