Almasalla Travel News –
The regulations for the Resumption of Cultural Tourism to Egypt
The regulations, launched by the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities, for the Resumption of Cultural Tourism to Egypt, starting September 1, 2020.
I- Regulations for Tourism Activities
All types of tourism activities, related to cultural tourism will operate with a maximum of 50% of their total capacity.
II- Regulations for the Means of Transportation for Tourists (bus, limousine, golf cars)
• All means of transportation for tourists will operate with a maximum of 50% of their total capacity; leaving a vacant seat next to each passenger on the bus and in golf cars, with a maximum of two passengers in a limousine.
• Passengers and drivers are required to wear face masks at all times during the journey.
• Disinfectants and hand sanitizers are provided; thorough cleaning, disinfection and proper ventilation is carried out before and after each trip.
III. Regulations for Tourist Groups Visiting Archaeological Sites and Museums
• All museums and archeological sites (open for visitors) will receive Egyptians and tourists as of September 1, 2020.
• All touch points and floors in museums and visitor centers in archeological sites are disinfected daily before opening hours.
• Tourist groups are not to exceed 25 people in museums and archeological sites.
• Tour guides are required to wear face masks and use audio equipment inside museums. Ear pieces are sterilized after each use.
• Tourism companies are to provide face masks to tourists and drivers.
• Temperature of employees is checked daily (and visitors before entering museums and indoor archeological sites).
• Safe physical distancing is maintained (at least 1 meter).
• The maximum number of visitors allowed inside museums and indoor archeological sites is:
100 visitors per hour in all museums (200 visitors per hour in the Egyptian Museum in Tahrir).
10 – 15 visitors inside any pyramid or tomb (depending on its dimensions).
• Schools, universities and governmental organizations’ trips must be pre-notified to archeological sites and museums, at least 48 hours prior to the planned visit, with no more than 15 persons per trip, with a maximum of 5 trips per day.
IV. Floating Hotels
Floating Hotels are not allowed to operate any Nile Cruises before the beginning of October 2020.